2015-01-03

The Spirit of Christ This Christmas Season

08 December 2014

Dear friends and family,


http://www.mormon.org/christmas. Watch and or share this video with at least one person this week. Even if you think you've shared it with everyone possible, go out of your way and pray for an opportunity to bring the spirit of Christ into someone's life today.

This week has been a learning experience. It was a week of rest and meetings and most importantly the temple.

REST - Missionary work is hard work. We are allotted a 20 minute nap if we have enough time during our lunch. Trust me, I have taken those precious 20 minutes each day--- I am exhausted. I have never been this worn out spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally so when there is down time you best believe I take it. Haha, but on a more serious note, as I was laying on my bed my mind was brought to a remembrance of our Savior. His travails from Gethsemane to Calvary allotted him no respite from the pains and afflictions that he willingly suffered through for our sake and our salvation. Yes, he was inexhaustibly tired--- but he knew that countless of lives were in his hands. His mission was that of his Father's, "To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." And so is mine, and yours, and everyone's. We are to assist in the work in whatever measure of strength we can muster. Indeed, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength. I wanted so badly to close my eyes and rest, but I realized at that moment that for only 2 years I am a literal representative of Christ and I can rest for hours on end later... when my layover flight back home is delayed after giving it my all as a missionary of Jesus Christ!

MEETINGS - Zone meeting and zone conference. Yeah, it was awesome! We all received presents! I was super happy that we all got books... unfortunately it was a book that I read right before I came out on my mission. But I am grateful for the opportunity to read it again :) Believing Christ. Aw, I think that is one of the few books that actually made me cry. Read it if you haven't yet! We learned in zone conference that if we continue to do what is already done we will always get the same results. Okay, I butchered that quote, but basically we need to switch it up. We have a goal in the Fresno California Mission, the "Strength of a 1,000" And we will reach it!

TEMPLE - I love the temple. I can't describe in words the true peace and happiness you feel when you are in the hallowed halls. For 2 hours I was able to feel weightless and focused on what mattered the most to me. My relationship with my Heavenly Father and giving him all my burdens truly brought a sense of love and comfort into me. I was empowered and re-energized to go out unto all nations and peoples to proclaim the gospel with it's saving doctrine and ordinances. Baptism is a great start but the temple is where we want those who come out of the water to set their eyes on and one day enter into. 

Truth: I hit a really big roadblock this week. I got down on my knees in sheer frustration and disappointment. I wanted to go home and asked God if it is okay... my answer was something I did not expect: "Yes, it is okay... but Ineed you. You have promised me your all, and there is so much more that I can give if you but hold on. Please, stay with me. Your hurting, but it is for a small moment my son. Forget yourself and get to work."

This mission is not for me. It was never for me. Families of missionaries are blessed. So if for no one else I am doing this for my family-- my current one and my future one. For ones that are formed through them coming to know of the divinity and truthfulness of the gospel. If for no other reason, I am doing this for my eternal family, for my elder brother and friend Jesus Christ. Of all the things he could have asked of us all that he asks is a willing heart and a contrite spirit. Everything else falls in because when we open our eyes and hearts to what matters most we realize that this life is a time to prepare to know God and follow in His Son's footsteps. I am going to love my mission. I am going to because my mission is an extension of my love for my family--past, present, and future. 

"Some people feel the rain, others merely get wet." Feel the rain, enjoy the hard times because we are promised lasting happiness and peace in knowing that all is and will be well. 

I love you. I pray for you. I hope to see you one day when all is said and done.
Your eternal friend, brother, and fellow missionary,
Elder Jalla

With the Zone Leaders

Zone temple trip



















































Rain and Rainbows

"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet." 
Enjoy the rain because sights like these remind us of God's love.


the rainbow is the sign of the covenant. God showed the rainbow to Noah as a promise that He will never flood the earth again. cool eh?

my companion took a picture of me as I tried to get my camera back. lol


The 49ers

The family they're staying with bought them these sweet 49ers shirts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment